Customer Experience/Usability Testing
Discover the real experience of your customers as they try to complete their top tasks on their mobile; tablet; or desktop devices. Discover where visitors have difficulty and how to improve.
Benefits of Remote Usability Testing
- Provides solid foundation for design decison making, based on behavioural data of real users
- Provides understand of your customers' experiences and challenges in using your website or web application.
- Observing live sessions, or reviewing session recordings engages and trains your team
What is customer experience testing?
- A small number of customers attempt real tasks and think aloud while usability experts record their behaviour
- Testing includes mobile; tablet; and desktop devices, and may include persons with disabilities as required
- No unnatural experimental effects - participants use their own equipment, typically in their own environment, while the researches observe using remote meeting tools
- We analyse the users' response to the site, and report on the issues that negatively impact your customers’ experience as they use their mobile; tablet; or desktop devices.
What is the cost and timeframe?
- Typically takes 3 to 6 weeks to complete.
- Costs typically range from $10-20K, depending on complexity, number of rounds of testing, and recruiting criteria.
- Online recruiting from your own site is optimal - real site visitors representing a range of needs, at a low cost (we can help)
- See our article: Two great online recruiting techniques
When should I do customer experience testing?
- Most cost effective early on in the design process (testing early prototypes), so that the recommendations can be incorporated before development begins
- Also appropriate as part of a continuous improvement program or when considering a major redesign to determine the best return on investment for usability enhancements.
What do I get?
- Report prioritizing the main usability issues
- For each device type tested
- Using annotated screens shots to demonstrate the issues in context and to support strategic recommendations as to possible solutions.
- Video highlights to emphasize the “pain points” and to ensure the web team fully understand the issues and are aligned on the priorities and next steps.
- Specific strategic and practical recommendations for improving the effectiveness of your site
Why Neo Insight?
- Each facilitator has a minimum of 15 years of web experience and engages in hundreds of test sessions yearly.
- We track industry trends that affect customer expectations and understand how to help you make the critical decisions needed to balance your customer, business, and technical needs.