Search Performance Indicator
Measure the success of your internal search engine, going beyond getting people to your website but getting them through your site – getting them to their desired content and functions quickly and easily.
- Understand how relevant your website search results are to your customers.
- Identify which 5 percent of your customers’ searches represent roughly 40 percept of your search volume.
- Make sure your customers find what they’re looking for when they use your search engine.
What is the Search Performance Indicator?
- Process for identifying how successful your customers are in finding the most important things they have come to your website to find.
- Involves identifying the top 200-400 search phrases, the correct search result for each of these phrases, and tuning the search engine and meta data to ensure accurate results.
What is the cost and timeframe?
- Typically takes 4-6 weeks.
- Costs typically range from $10-20K depending on the complexity of the website and the number of search phrases considered.
When should I do a Search Performance Indicator?
- Appropriate at any time but particularly useful after identifying top tasks where most customers expect to be able to start those task using a search strategy.
What do I get?
- Overall metric indicating your customers’ success rate when they search on hour website – e.g. Search is successful 45 percent of the time.
- Comprehensive Search Performance Checklist to help you improve you search, including over 100 search factors that we analyze, such as meta tags, linking, content, indexability, query processing, results page layout, individual results layout, error handling, error tolerance, etc.
Why Neo Insight and Customer Carewords?
- Neo Insight and the Customer Carewords partnership has been evaluating the effectiveness of site search since the beginning of the web. We’ve helped organizations define their search strategy and usability requirements for new search engine acquisition.