Wireframing & Prototyping
Use fast, cost-effective techniques to get your design ideas in front of customers as early as possible in the design process. Repeat fast design-and-test cycles to discover users' needs, to maintain focus on user priorities, and to let users test-drive your innovative ideas.
- Obtain early user data and feedback to inform your web and application design decisions.
- Discover what really matters to your customers and users before you've invested too much in design or development.
- Employ customer and user data to prioritize your development timelines, effort and resources.
- Involve and engage your users—customers, staff, etc—in your design process to improve buy-in, communications and commitment.
What is Wireframing and Prototyping?
- Wireframes are basic web page or application screen layouts, without detailed graphics or finalized layout. They can be linked to simulate navigatin or appplication behaviour.
- Producing wireframes forces the design team to address key issues as early as possible.
- Wireframes also allow you to observe real user behaviour as they interact with your wireframes, and to obtain detailed feedback about your designs, alternatives, and ideas.
- Prototypes are used later in the process, for more complex interactions, to simulate real behaviour of widgets (e.g. mega-menus), and to illustrate branding, imagery etc.
What is the cost and timeframe?
- Typically takes 6-12 weeks to iterate through 3 design-and-test cycles - but it depends on your flexibility and the responsiveness of your designers and managers.
- Costs typically range from $20-50K depending on the complexity of the website or application.
When should I do Wireframing and Prototyping?
- When you have innovative ideas you'd like to test with users, quickly and cheaply.
- When you have a complex website or application with tough design decisions that would benefit from user data and feedback.
- When you need to prioritize your timescales, effort and resources, based on user priorities.
What do I get?
- For each design-and-test cycle you get a set of wireframes or prototypes of the critical pages, user interaction and navigation components of your website or application.
- For each design-and-test cycle you get a round of usability testing with representative users, an analysis and (re)design recommendations.
Why Neo Insight?
- We use the latest tools and techniques that enable increasingly rapid design and testing.
- Each of us has more than 20 years' experience of design, and working with design and development teams, so we understand the technical challenges, and the design trade-offas that you have to make.
- Each tester has a minimum of 15 years of web experience and engages in hundreds of test sessions yearly.
- We track industry trends that affect customer expectations and understand how to help you make the critical decisions needed to balance your customer, business, and technical needs.